An exciting opportunity has arisen for a number of Social Prescribers to join a network of GP practices in Peterborough. The post holder will work with patients from the practice and will have excellent communication skills and will be an integral member of the practice team, supporting not only colleagues but also the wider practice teams, community and secondary care services as needed.
This role is well suited to individuals with experience of directly working one-to-one with patients/clients, families and carers, to plan and help people resolve practical issues such as Housing, Finances Employment alongside wider wellbeing support, such as keeping active and connected. You will be working closely with Primary Care Networks, GPs, and Health & Social Care professionals.
Your role involves working with people who will be experiencing complex issues, so you will need good listening and communication skills and be able to build effective partnerships with a wide range of organisations and community groups. You’ll need excellent IT and organisational skills, be adept at seeking out the information for relevant community services and have the tenacity to help people achieve sustainable improvements in their wellbeing.
You will be expected to:
- Manage a caseload of patients referred to you by the GPs within the network and identify their underlying needs, developing plans to help improve their situation.
- Connect people to local community groups and agencies for practical and emotional support.
- Support people along their journey, ensuring they remain engaged and make improvements in the areas identified.
- Provide updates on the progress of your caseload and develop partnerships with relevant groups to reflect needs of patients.
To be successful you must have experience of managing your own caseload, ideally, hold a relevant health qualification, and have knowledge of advice and advocacy services. You will be customer-focused in your approach with the ability to listen to patients’ needs as well as develop strong networks and relationships with suitable partners.
A full current driving license and use of a car is desirable.
- Flexible shifts – this will be rolled out over 7 days/week so we can almost guarantee regular shifts for you to work around your current commitments.
- Working hours are between 8am – 8pm – given you the freedom to pick your hours.
- Ongoing throughout 2021.
Benefits of Locums First
- Weekly Pay
- Full PPE provided
- Full flexibility to every assignment with no commitment required
- Access to all locum and permanent positions in your area
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity and would like to discuss the role further, apply or email Solomon Ammar [email protected]
Any communication will be in complete confidence, without obligation and we will not send your details to any practice unless you give us your permission, so there is nothing to lose in finding out more!
If you know someone who might be interested in our locum or permanent opportunities, let us know- you could earn up to £500 for referring a friend!
Locums First is an equal opportunities agency and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable. For more information, please visit us on www.locumsfirst.co.uk.