Exciting opportunity to join a national team of clinical pharmacists to deliver pharmacist services within general practice in Birmingham .
With a strong heritage in practice-based pharmacy and innovative pharmacy service development, Locums First has a passion for realising the clinical value the profession can bring to patients and how pharmacists can better support the workforce in primary care. We are looking for dynamic and engaging individuals who will passionately support the growth and delivery of the Locums First Pharmacist-related services portfolio.
You will be required to deliver virtual or face-to-face medicine reviews for people with long-term conditions in general practice according to agreed therapy review service protocols. You will work as a locum, providing these services to general practice on an ad-hoc basis according to need. You will use GP clinical systems to identify patients who may benefit from medication reviews to support them in the management of their LTC and improve their health outcomes. You will be required to proactively engage and liaise with key stakeholders within general practice to gain co-operation with service delivery, and will work according to defined KPIs and service protocols.
Whilst this role is currently home-based, there will be a requirement to travel where on-site service delivery is required. Costs of travel and accommodation will be reimbursed in line with company policy. All equipment for remote working will be supplied.
Essential for role
· Registration with the GPhC
· Full clean driving license with access to car – flexibility and willingness to travel when required
Skills and knowledge desirable but not compulsory
· Understands the importance of medicines optimisation in the management of long-term conditions
· Demonstrates experience of providing patient-centred medicines optimisation support
· Knowledge, awareness and experience of brief intervention and referral pathways that provide opportunistic advice and support on long-term conditions receptive to lifestyle/pharmacological support
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to effectively negotiate and influence
· Experience of working clinically within general practice
· Clear, concise record keeping and report writing skills
· Commitment to keeping up-to-date with developments on medicine use
· Have a flexible working attitude, the ability to work under pressure and achieve tight deadlines
· Demonstrates ability to work as a member of a team, and liaise with key stakeholders
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity and would like to discuss the role further, apply or email [email protected]
Any communication will be in complete confidence, without obligation and we will not send your details to any practice unless you give us your permission, so there is nothing to lose in finding out more!
We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 30 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
If you know someone who might be interested in our locum or permanent opportunities, let us know- you could earn up to £500 for referring a friend!
Locums First is an equal opportunities agency and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable. For more information, please visit us on www.locumsfirst.co.uk.